Monday, April 25, 2011

Egg-stra Special Easter!

Alright, I have to be honest. This year, I knew Cade wouldn't really be able to dye or hunt for eggs, or even remember whether he got an Easter basket or not...so I really didn't plan anything. I know, gasp. Come on, I'm in the middle of intensive birthday party planning, people! Cut me some slack. Luckily, my lack of planning will not scar Cade for life. He still received plenty of Easter goodies and many sweet moments were captured on camera. Our parents each sent gifts and our wonderful culdesac neighbors put candy-filled eggs in all the yards! I still don't know who the secret "Blake Street Bunny" is but I'm so glad they visited us! Cade really does like hunting for eggs and it was so fun watching him figure it all out.

My boys in pastel checking out all the eggs left in the yard!

What is going on?!

Don't worry, I get it. You pick up the egg...

and you put it in here.

Oh yeah, and then you clap!

No time for pictures, Mom, back to the eggs!

Waving at the neighbors. Too bad we don't have more traffic on our street, Cade LOVES to watch cars drive by and wave at people...or anything moving outside.

I know, I know...but I figure we're going to serve him up a big 'ole birthday cake next week so why not try some chocolate this week?

The good thing about Easter dinner with just the 3 of us? Sweatpants.

And sleeveless onesies. Classy.

So I didn't plan for Easter baskets but I did plan an Easter dinner! Nothing fancy...because if it was then my husband wouldn't eat it! (The kinda nasty looking blob is cheesy potatoes. His favorite!)


Feel free to check out the video evidence of Cade's egg hunting abilities. It's pretty sweet...even if I am an idiot and held the camera the wrong way for videoing! A slight head tilt is in order...my apologies.



Cade's reaction to the Easter bunny from Grandma Jan and Grandpa Mike


Matt and I eating the Easter candy while Cade gets violent with the eggs.


It was so sweet to celebrate with Cade and start some new fun traditions for our little family while we thank God for the reason we celebrate. HE IS RISEN, INDEED!

No comments: