Anyway, to refresh your memory, Fix #7 was a bit of a downer. After that I updated my style profile and asked for some very specific pieces in my next fix. I asked for a sweater with jewel embellishments and a herringbone-like puffer vest with zippers. Here's what I got in Fix #8:
41Hawthorn Dita Colorblock Sleeveless Ponte Dress
They said to wear it with a white blazer (???) or cardigans.
I did like the colors and the fit of the dress so I ended up keeping it. Then one day it hit me that I should layer my chambray shirt UNDER the dress and wear it with a statement necklace. {No pic of this (sorry!) because I'm lazy and never took a pic after my epiphany or the 10 other times I've worn it since then.} I love the dress with the chambray under it and get several compliments when I wear it. Wonder what people would say if I wore a white blazer with it?
Renee C Tucker Mixed Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse
I don't hate it--would never pick it. But ultimately would have liked it more if it was more of a tunic, not so short in the front. No thanks.
Fate Lynette Drape Front Cardigan
I like it but ultimately did not end up keeping it.
Skies are Blue Lisa Lace Trim Knit Top
Wasn't sure what to think of this. It just didn't seem to fit well. Too wide and again would've liked it to be longer and more of a tunic style. No thanks.
I did like the earrings but I already have a couple pairs that are similar so I didn't keep them either.
All in all, not that exciting of a fix. AND notice they did not even attempt to acknowledge my requests. This one left me questioning my taste altogether. Maybe I don't know what's stylish at all so I don't know that I should be keeping these items?! Tough to tell...but I did keep the dress and I do really like it. It's still exciting to get the package in the mail and try it all on. Even if I just keep one or two things it's still a very convenient way to shop!
What is Stitch Fix? Click here!
Past "Fixes" click here.









No comments:
Post a Comment