2013 was a year to just "be." A year of 1/3 less blogging than in years past. A year without any major changes. Much unlike the previous 5 or so years that have consisted of moving, new jobs, redecorating, babies, being parents, nursing, adjusting, growing, learning, changing.
The growing, learning, and changing never stops. At least I hope not. I can't imagine that there will ever be a day when I wake up and have this parenting gig all figured out...
But it was nice to have a year with just the 4 of us, growing together. (2014 will also be a year of no new humans for us, assuming all goes as planned! Just in case you were wondering...)
A glance back at our oh-so-uneventful, yet oh-so-special 2013!
A lot of cuteness in January...

Our valentine treats in February...
Quite a few snow days in 2013! Five, if I remember right.
We had to start experimenting with Reesie's growing hair...
Our sweet Reesie turned one...
It was a pretty chilly Spring, with a little snow in May actually!
Curious Cade turned three...
Christy (Matt's sister) and Mitch got married!
We went to Deanna Rose...a lot!
We took in the sights of OKC with our extended family...
Celebrated our independence...
Spent a few days in Wichita with Gentry, sans children and responsibility...
I discovered I could still do this and became an active Instagram user after some prodding from Audrey.
We successfully had the best summer ever. Seriously. Ever.
My classroom got a new look over the summer...and then we had to head back to school...wah, wah, wah.
Ah yes, if you were zoning out you may want to listen up about now. In September, Matt surprised me with a very fun date night...that included getting tattoos. What?! Yep. In 2013, we got inked.

And I chickened out and canceled all the {painful!} scrollies on mine while Matt says they didn't even hurt. I beg to differ.
Cade started preschool...
We hit up the KC Pumpkin Patch with the Heine's.
We took a girl's trip in October...

We enjoyed Thanksgiving in Tulsa...
I wore this to school the last day before break...and secretly loved it. I'm a festive-sweater-kind-of-person deep down...
Last but not least we had a wonderfully white Christmas in the Bend!
Which brings us to...
Happy New Year! Wishing you a blessed 2014!
Doesn't Cade's face just say, "Blessings in 2014?!" No?
We were blessed with many special experiences and memorable moments in 2013 as the kids grow and we continue to make memories together. We are so fortunate to get to share life with our amazing friends and family!
Thanks for checking out the blog in 2013, and hopefully 2014 too!






















2 comments:
Love your tattoos! And always love your blog updates! I hope your year (and semester) is off to a great start!
Loved your recap. Forgot about that toe touch - still impressed.
Post a Comment