Tuesday, December 17, 2013

MOPS: The MomCon

Mom's going away for the whole weekend?!  McDonald's for every meal!!
 

 
When our church launched an evening MOPS group, I contemplated whether this would be something I'd enjoy.  A moms group?  Is this for me?! 
With Matt's schedule, when Cade came along many of my evening activities went good-bye.  I was thankful to see something offered, with childcare, in the evening for working moms.  So I thought, what the heck, I'll try it. 
I never could have imagined how much I would benefit from joining MOPS.  The friendships I've made, the relevant programming, the supportive mentor moms, and the resources...I could bust into infomercial mode right now!!  I'm so thankful for my evening MOPS group! And so thankful I had the opportunity to attend the MOPS International conference. 

 
The line-up of speakers was amazing!  Beth Moore, Lysa Terkeurst, Jen Hatmaker, and other big names with inspirational messages...just for moms. 





 


 
Free time included pedicures and good food...that I did not have to cook, clean up, or force anyone to eat.  And a huge thank you to DeAnna (event planning goddess) who may or may not have hooked us up with parking passes and coffee shop treats!!!



The weekend culminated with the Mom Prom...it was 70s themed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of MOPS.  Don't ask about our outfits.
 
The theme for MOPS this year is "Beautiful Mess: Embrace Your Story" which is very inspiring in itself.  Hey, everyone has their own messes, even if they're not broadcasting them over social media.  Everyone is just trying to do the best they can as a mom.  We've all got stories of our triumphs...and plenty of stories of our defeats.  Embrace them all.
 
I enjoyed the MomCon very much but was happy to return home to my family and even happier to know that they survived without me.
 
Kinda.

 

 

No comments: