Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tricks and Treats 2013

We had a wonderful Halloween with our sweet fairy and fierce Ninja Turtle!

The day started with both Matt and I getting to attend Cade's "Harvest Festival" at his preschool. It's the first "party" they've had so I debated about whether I should wait to take off work to attend a party later on in the year, but once I thought about it, I decided I'm probably going to attend all parties. Why not? I'll set aside a day off and take it 2 hours at a time to attend the special events at his school. As a working mom, I often feel guilty that I miss out on the little things like dropping Cade off and picking him up from school. But I'm thankful that Matt has the flexibility to be able to spend that time with Cade. So I will join them for the parties and be appreciative of the opportunity to do so.

A peek into Cade's classroom.












Trick or treating is such a strange concept, if you think about it. Knock on doors, take their candy, move on. The kids started off a bit confused because they always want to go in people's houses and hang out. They're a social bunch.





We made it around our culdesac, then headed over to join some good friends for the fun. Cade loved getting to trick or treat with his friends and felt like such a "big kid." Reese just loved getting candy to put in her bag, which she wore like a purse. Once it got dark we headed up to the gym as the Pioneers had their first game! I was a little skeptical but it was actually well-attended and was fun to see all the college students in costume.




 The kids were pretty tired but we made it until half-time and then made our exit. I'm not sure why I go into each basketball season thinking it will be easier to corral the kids...each year it definitely gets harder. Reese loves to move all around the bleachers, up and down the aisle and in and out of chairs. Luckily I have a lot of help from some of our favorite Pioneer fans!

And, note to self, no full-body costumes next year...Cade definitely had to pee in someone's yard (after dark, behind our car, it's fine, Mom) and poop TWICE at the game.  Live and learn. 

No comments: