Awhile back, (because, yes, much of my blogging is back-dated these days) we attended a Parents As Teachers event that featured stations of "messy" experiences. We kept talking about it beforehand with Cade and he kept requesting to go to the "Messy Place," even though he's not really a "messy" kinda guy.
I enlisted Aunt Gentry's help since both kids making messes seemed like a one-to-one-adult-to-child-ratio kind of event. It was a busy event but it's always fun getting to experience new things with the kids and walking away with new ideas of activities we can do at home.
Neither of the kids are crazy about making messes, but they seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm so thankful we get to be a part of the Parents As Teachers program. It's an excellent resource to support early childhood development by offering screenings, fun events, and gobs of resources to us parents who are just trying to do the best we can for our kids but are sometimes just not sure where to start! I've learned so much from our home visits, their curriculum and handouts, the activities they teach us, and the programs going on around KC they make me aware of. Thank you PAT for helping me be a more confident and informed parent!
Cade and I attended the Creative Experiences "Messy Event" last year as well, even though he had no recollection of it.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment