It took many hands to help get the room ready! Matt's mom, Jan, painted.
Gentry and my dad put shelves together.
A lot of people helped hang things on the walls actually!
Even Cade tried to help out!
I had a hard time finding letters in a font and size that I liked...until I turned to Etsy. Amazingly better than Pinterest (to me) because I can get ideas or I can just buy the items. I ordered just the plain letters so we could decorate them ourselves. They are HUGE but they turned out exactly as I'd hoped.
First I painted them the pink wall color and then made some embellishments.
I was proud of these as I'm not usually patient enough for little projects like this.
They still needed a little something though so my friend Jamie offered to use her scanner to scan the fabric and help me modge podge the paper onto the letters. She's great!! I worked on the letter "R" while she did all the other letters. She makes these type of projects look easy!
Ta da!
I also ordered these paper flowers from Etsy (although after seeing how it's done I would definitely recommend just making them from tissue paper). If any of these ever fall down I might just burst into tears as it took me FOREVER to get it to look this way!
I couldn't find a valance or bed skirt that I particularly liked so I decided to refashion some pillow cases into a valance and add some ribbon. Don't look too close as I did resort to some "ghetto" sewing tactics but they turned out fine!
I just added ribbon to a plain bed skirt. It lays a little funny but works.
We dug out all the glass figurines that Matt got me when we were dating in high school, Jamie made the "R", Holly got us the elephant piggy bank and MaKenzie made Reese the hanging canvas for Christmas.
Clock and wall hangings were shower gifts
We used some of the leftover embellishments and jewels on the wall canvas' and I think they look really cute above the closet.
The shelf and baskets came from Target while the lamp and picture came from Hobby Lobby. I went to Hobby Lobby every week for months waiting for that picture to go 1/2 price!
We're set in the bow department! Matt's sisters made this cute bow hanger that I hung over the bulletin board in her room for overflow of head bands and bows since it's already full and she's not even here yet!
We're just a little over a week away from welcoming our little girl! Thanks to everyone who helped us get the room all set to go. One more week of school and some special outings with Cade and then...we'll be a family of 4. Crazy to think about. I'm scared...but excited. But also scared!
4 comments:
Her room is adorable! I love her name, and that you scanned the fabric to put on it, what I clever idea! Can't wait to see and hear all about her. Sending you good thoughts for her arrival!
That is the cutest room ever! Reese will love it - welcome to the world, little one (soon!) Congrats, Jana + fam!
Such an adorable room for such a blessed little girl!
I am in love with this gorgeous, pink room! You did such an amazing job Jana. Seriously, HIGH FIVE! Sending your family and you lots of love for Reese's arrival!
Post a Comment