
Now for your first child, you order the nice sturdy, stylish crib from the baby store. For your second child, you vow not to spend over $200 and shop around for the best deal. I've been liking the Graco Lauren Crib in white (since we already have a black crib). I ordered it online from Target on Sunday night. $179 for the crib, $30 for shipping. Mattress sold separately...$59. Then I go to check crib mattresses online from Wal-Mart. You know about my love for Wal-Mart...right? I know it's not as chic or hip to love Wal-Mart...far more acceptable to love Target. But people...Wal-Mart is just so cheap. "Save money...live better" is their tagline for crying outloud! So I should not have been as shocked as I was to see they had the EXACT same crib for $175, $0.97 shipping, and mattress INCLUDED! That's nearly 100 bucks worth of saving money and living better goin' on there. I called the Target Customer Service line immediately to cancel my order with them. I swear I reached "Peggy." (You know, the guy from the credit card commercials who is hard to understand and TERRIBLE at customer service).

I couldn't tell if this person was a "he" or a "she" due to their thick accent. It took all I had not to ask to be transferred to another representative. Canceling this order was a painful process that for some reason required me giving all of my payment info again...and half way through the conversation "Peggy" started refering to me as Lauren instead of Jana. At one point I said, "My name is Jana and I'm trying to cancel the order for the Lauren crib...is that why you keep calling me Lauren?" Geez. "Peggy" said it was canceled and that I'd receive a confirmation email. Yep, still waitin' on that email. So now I'm just hopeful that by the end of next week we'll be a household of two cribs...and not three!
3 comments:
That post just made me laugh out loud...literally! I even read it to Craig because the "Peggy" part was so funny! Now you have me doubting spending so much money on baby furniture...
Wow. You're making me rethink our bed situation. E sleeps so well in his crib too. We thought we'd put bunk beds in his room and he could sleep on the bottom one but he's just a little baby still! I don't know what to do.
Oh my gosh! I love target, but I absolutely hate trying to return things there!! What a pain! Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!
Post a Comment