Sunday, August 15, 2010

This is a Test...

We've been testing out all sorts of new things around here! New phases for Cade...and I guess a new lifestyle for me. That of a working mom. It hasn't been too bad. I really enjoy my job and I love Cade's sitter. So I guess that's a winning combination for us!

Week one as a working mom ended with an 8:30 bedtime on Friday night. Not even ashamed. Two mornings of 6AM cheer practice and one morning of running before school didn't really help the transition. I'm thankful for the weekend to rejuvenate...at least mentally anyway.

Cade says, Mom, you got up at what time?!

Testing out the Bumbo...

He makes it look super uncomfortable.

But I guess it would be considered a constant work out for his little neck. We'll keep trying.

G-Mom insists that Cade needs something to hold onto and love on. Usually she's right on so we tested out a few things. Don't you want to snuggle up to a furry blanket in this heat?

Mostly he just attempted to eat it.

And then was very indifferent once it dropped out of his hands.

In other news, Cade officially only gets up to eat once in the night. 4:30 has been his waking time of choice. Which is ok...except on days when my alarm is set to go off at 5am. Now the search is on for diapers that can also make it til 4:30am. I don't mind getting up to feed him at all, but an outfit and bedding change each night (I guess it's actually morning?!) could get a little old.

3 comments:

mindy said...

He might need a "love." Maci had (has)that Ty pillow pal- pink bear. So we got Aaron blue bear but he never cared about it. Andy ended up adopting Blue bear and sherbert bear and rabbit bear (a rabbit) and purple bear (a hippo). Maybe Cade could get attached to a softie Mickey from Disney? He looks like such a big man in those pictures!

Kaci said...

Your pictures and experiences are a glimpse into our somewhat immediate future. I love it. Thanks for sharing. He is a cutie for sure!

Peggy Sue said...

He is getting so handsome and so big. Is that Razorback shirt going to go on him anytime soon?