I'm actually starting to like living in Topeka. I'm finding my way around and we actually met some people today at church. Tonight there was a pep rally thing for Washburn University and Matt got introduced as a new assistant coach. School starts tomorrow, therefore my commuting starts tomorrow. Bring it on, the sooner it starts the sooner it ends!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
The New Place
Thought I'd post some pics of the new place...mostly so my mom can see. Since Topeka is a whole hour farther up the road from Manhattan, some people (my dad) have a hard time planning a trip to see us! So I will let you see our new home virtually! ;)
The living room. I just got some new throw pillows. It's a little "God Bless America"-ish with the red, blue & tan...but we like it. Matt says it's okay because we've got American pride.
I never could get these shelves to look right at our last place but I'm quite pleased with the set up here. They are loaded with pictures...Matt's a little nervous to sit on the couch underneath the shelves.
This will be my new "corner of despair" where I do my homework. (See earlier post). This townhouse is bigger than our last apartment so there's actually a place for our kitchen table. I've turned part of it into my study corner with the computer and a place for my school books so I can study in the same room while Matt's watching TV.
This is our little hallway kitchen. It's little, but I really like it. Actually plenty of cabinet space and some drawers this time! (Last kitchen had 1 and a 1/2 drawers). The appliances are nicer too. I'm getting good at finding the positives to living here!
This is my favorite view. Our kitchen is khaki, red, green and navy. I'll upload a pic of my new prized possession--the kitchen rug--soon. It wouldn't let me add any more pics to this blog.
I'm actually starting to like living in Topeka. I'm finding my way around and we actually met some people today at church. Tonight there was a pep rally thing for Washburn University and Matt got introduced as a new assistant coach. School starts tomorrow, therefore my commuting starts tomorrow. Bring it on, the sooner it starts the sooner it ends!
I'm actually starting to like living in Topeka. I'm finding my way around and we actually met some people today at church. Tonight there was a pep rally thing for Washburn University and Matt got introduced as a new assistant coach. School starts tomorrow, therefore my commuting starts tomorrow. Bring it on, the sooner it starts the sooner it ends!
Labels:
Home Projects,
Topeka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You blogged! Bless your little heart. I love your curtains. Keep the pics coming...bedroom, bathroom, we want to see it all. Call me.
Your appartment looks really nice and cozy. Much bigger than I had pictured. Need to see some pictures of the University.
Very cute!! I feel like I've been there now.
"i'm Sheila, and I'm bad...."
So I'm recalling Variety Shows of past with Lindsey Tipling, and I decided that is my very favorite moment :)
I'm glad you are enjoying Topeka, I'm still trying to find my place here. I am looking for a church though, so you'll have to let me know whats good :) Call when you have time! Or email!
Post a Comment