Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our travels







Bet you're wondering how we've been handling living out of a suitcase and being homeless until August 9th?! It's actually been great! We've been having so much fun! To me, this is a great way to transition into our new life in Topeka as well as the new unexpected responsibilities that may come with Matt's job. I'm not going to lie, I'm afraid things will never be the same when he starts his new job in August. I don't know what to expect. But being low-man on the totem pole at a Division II NCAA basketball program and my own travels back and forth from Topeka to Manhattan could combine to give us little alone time and little free time together compared to what we've been used to. So I'm soaking up all our time together as we relax and travel together.
I'm a little sick of eating out, really wishing I would've packed some jeans and a jacket for Seattle, but other than that it's been wonderful! We had a great time in Osage Beach relaxing at the pool and dining out with my parents and Grandmama & Papa.
Then it was off to Columbus, Ohio (via a Skybus airplane...yes we're alive and it wasn't bad! I was skeptical since we paid $35 each for roundtrip tickets...only complaint is that they didn't serve snacks). We made the trip for Brooks' wedding to Kendra. It was very nice and well worth the trip. I had a great time with Matt's parents and was thankful they went as Matt was busy with groomsman duties most of the trip.
Now we're still in Seattle on the last leg of our adventure. Jason & Stephanie (and everyone we meet) are trying to get us to move here. Which, if it was as nice as it has been this last week all the time, I'd think about it. It's been perfect. A little chilly for summer, but still sunny and nice. The views are amazing as my mind can hardly handle taking in the ocean and mountains at the same time! We've done all the touristy things. We started off at Pike Place Market. The place where they throw the fish and sing, ever heard of it? It was cool. You could get fresh fruit, beautiful flowers, fish, pastries, t-shirts, souvenirs, etc all really cheap too! Then we took a "cruise" to the San Juan Islands to whale watch. It was SO cool! It was a 12 hour trip and we saw over 30 whales! It was awesome! We spent a day in Olympic National Park fishing and hiking. Beautiful sites! We got to go on a youth group trip with Jason's church to a place called Bullwinkles Family Fun Center. It ruled! We played mini-golf, laser tag (I had the high score--apparently this is my calling), bumper boats, go-carts, arcade games, and I jumped on a trampoline hooked to a harness so I could jump really high. I may have enjoyed it more than the rest of the youth group kids. :) I could've spent hours there. Today we went to a Mariners game and our good luck continued. We had great weather and a fabulous game. They beat the Oakland A's 14-10. Even though I missed Sexson getting kicked out of the game because Stephanie and I were in the bathroom! Dang it. I'll have to watch the ESPN highlights to see if they cover it. :) Anyway, now you know what we've been up to over the last month. No promises on the blogging...I'm still a homeless nomad until the 9th and my internet access may be sporadic. But don't worry. I'll update once we get settled in Topeka!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Hey now, if you are ever going to move out of Kansas, it has to be to North Carolina!!! :)

You & Matt will do fine. All transitions are hard at first. Keep talking...keep laughing...