A look back at our house in Olathe that we sold over the summer before making the move to Phoenix. This was the second home we purchased and, honestly, we all thought we'd live there longer than we did!
We put on a new storm door and painted the front door when we moved in (a Behr paint but I don't know the exact color--believe me I wish I did!) I want to paint our new front door but our HOA here is crazy-strict so I don't know if I'll ever jump through all the hoops or get a fun color approved.
To the right is a sitting room and the left is a formal dining room. The previous owners had made many nice updates including the flooring, kitchen upgrades and master bath.
The basement...no basements in our area now but I actually don't miss it as much as I thought I would. We've found a place for everything in our new place even without a basement.
Upstairs bedrooms
I do miss all the storage in our master bath and all the tile work. Tiled bathrooms like this don't seem to be very common around here.
The realtor pics didn't document one of my favorite things about the house, the barn doors from the master bedroom to the bathroom, so I had to add my own pic that I snapped right before we moved out.
The new house did not have very many pics posted in the real estate listing and some were strange pictures. I relied on video that Matt took when he walked the house. The first time I saw the house in person was when we moved in! Crazy to think about!
The stair case with the book nook is one of my favorite things about the house!
We have since painted the whole house and kitchen cabinets!
This random pic was very strategic on their part. This is a tiny snippet of a huge, awkward, terrible wall of rock. The next project is to have it removed and reconfigured. They were smart not to post the whole wall! #hindsight
We want to be able to remember our Olathe house but also are so thankful for how God continues to provide on our new journey! This move was not foreseen at all by us, but we know we are right where we need to be!
Previous post about the 1360 here.




























No comments:
Post a Comment