Saturday, August 13, 2016

Cam: 1 Month

Our little Squishy is one month old!



I'm attempting to document our monthly photos in this format, as seen on Kelly's Korner Blog (my favorite blogger that I don't know personally).


Cam has been a good eater from the start, I was often waking him up to eat in the night to help me out rather than the other way around when we first got home from the hospital.  He pretty much never turns down a meal...which perhaps is making him our biggest baby yet!  

He moved to size one diapers right as our newborn case ran out and wears 0-3 month clothes.  No more newborn clothes for our household...ever.  Now that's sad to think about it that way! I'm always a little weepy when packing away baby clothes that don't fit anymore, especially when it happens so quickly!  Cam is wearing clothes now that Cade wore when he was around 3-6 months old.  


Stats at first doctor appointment at 9 days:
Weight 7 lbs 14oz --33%
Height 20.5 inches--55%
Head 14 inches--27%

Stats at first doctor appointment at 1 month:
Weight 9 lbs 15oz--68%
Height 22 inches--66%
Head 14.75 inches--30%

Cade weighed more than Cam at birth, yet less than Cam at one month.  Reese weighed a pound less than Cam at birth and almost 2 pounds less than Cam at one month!

This picture explains how he got the nickname Squishy, or Squish for short.

It's like I've gotten worse at these photo shoots over the years!

Cam has very dark blue eyes and more hair than Cade or Reese at birth, although his is thinning out quickly.  I love his long tuft of hair on top of his head, especially how it sticks straight up!  Cade had blonde hair by 3 months and it took a little longer for Reese's to turn light so we will see what the timeline is for Squish, or if he ends up a blondie at all.  I'm guessing he will.  He looks similar to Cade and Reese did, just more full cheeks.

Those cheeks!

Are we done yet?


We visited Dad at basketball camp often...gotta get used to that horn going off at games!

Cam slept a lot in his first month, but also fussed inconsolably in the late evenings in his first few weeks.  I really don't like to offer the pacifier until around 4 weeks old to make sure my  milk is established and once we did that it made the evenings much easier!  Nursing is kinda my jam so I don't want to take a chance on offering the pacifier when he should be eating...but we probably would have been fine.

Cam only preferred this old-school pacifier at first, but now takes the gumdrop one given to us at the hospital.

I love putting babies in these gown jammies.  It's just so much easier without zippers or snaps!  Cam has never worn socks or footie pajamas in his one month of life so far.  

Everyone loves the Rock'n'Play!  This arrived on Cam's one month birthday and has been as fabulous as everyone says it is.  I wasn't wanting to get new baby gear since this is our last, but this thing has already been worth it!  It rocks automatically and plays music and Cam loves it...therefore I love it.

He sleeps in his bed in his room and will usually sleep one 3-hour stretch and then wakes up every 2 to 2.5 hours to eat.  I wake up pretty easily just when I hear him start to move around and whine a little and I'm usually pretty full and needing to feed him anyway.  I like to use the rocking chair in his room and then have the changing table right there to change him and put him back to bed.  He's been going to bed for the night around 11pm (after his fussing spell) and then will go back to sleep in his bed after eating until around 10 or 11am unless we need to get dressed and go somewhere.

Cam has already been drug a lot of places with us and does a pretty good job of sleeping through most outings.  He sleeps in the car which is very helpful.  Cade and Reese do a great job of attempting to console him when he's fussing.  

He still stares off into space and doesn't really focus or follow you with his eyes which always freaks me out.  His neck is getting stronger but it does seem like it would be taxing to hold that big 'ol head (and cheeks) up!

Overall, Cam has made it very easy to adjust to being a family of 5.  We are so thankful for Cam!

A look back:

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Cam is so cute! Congrats!