Friday, May 29, 2015

College-life Weekend

Many moons ago, Gentry and MaKenzie (who we often affectionately refer to as "The Kid") came to spend the weekend with me in the dorms at K-State when I was a wee, little freshman.
We kept the tradition up reuniting for sleepovers in Boyd Hall with Gentry and occasionally at the G-Phi house.
We realized that after MaKenzie's approaching college graduation our opportunities for college-life weekends were, well, non-existent (without being overly creepy anyway).  We knew we had to make the short trip to Stillwater, OK to soak it up while we could!

The Pi Phi house welcomed us.




And they don't welcome just anyone, you know.


Our hostess, The Kid!

We enjoyed shopping in the cute little boutiques and being Stillwater tourists.

Touring the campus


Hangin' at "Aspen"--coffee shop for hip people like us.  (Does anyone use the word "hip" anymore?)

We had a great time hanging out with MaKenzie's friends and seeing her stomping grounds.  I must say, OSU is not messing around with their Ag affiliation.  They truly are "cowboys" down there.  

Not sure how this pic ended up on Facebook...but what can I say...we Sauder girls love a little karaoke.  I believe this was Backstreet Boys, I Want It That Way.  Classic for sure.  It should also be noted that it was like 8pm at this point and there were about 4 other people present.  



This is apparently the cool place.  Note to self: light up palm trees = happenin' place in the eyes of college students. (Does anyone use the word "happenin" anymore?)

A few weeks later we found ourselves back in Stillwater again to celebrate MaKenzie's graduation.




I can't believe our little MaKenzie is a COLLEGE GRADUATE!  Was this not just yesterday?!  Congrats to MaKenzie for all of her hard work.  I know I'm biased, but MaKenzie is one cool cat.  She is such a thoughtful, caring, witty, not to mention fashionable and beautiful, woman of God!  Her contagious smile and infectiously fun personality make her one of a kind!  As always, we are so proud of you!  Thanks for helping me (try) to be a hip, happenin' cool cat!

No comments: