The sitter's kids take gymnastics and have talked about it enough to peak Cade's interest. (Who was less than enthused with his last round of gymnastics a year and a half ago, you may or may not remember).
So we returned to KGDC (since that's where Cade took his first class) for Reesie to be in the Parent/Tot class and Cade to be a Mighty Munchkin. They were stoked!

I had been prepping Cade for days about the importance of listening to his teacher, doing what they told him to do, and waiting his turn. These are typically NOT our strengths.
I'm happy to report that Cade did awesome! He took the class very seriously and was VERY well-behaved. He did just what the teacher said to do and worked hard to accomplish each move just as she instructed. #ProudMom
Jumping into the pit was a highlight for Cade, the red blur.
Both kids enjoyed their classes and are looking forward to attending their next class. Hoping we can keep the enthusiasm going the whole quarter!
It's safe to say their favorite part is getting the stamps at the end. Well-played, Gymnastics Teacher, well-played.

(Fun fact: the black spot on Cade's toenail is from when he dropped his electric toothbrush on his toe. The toothbrush did not survive this incident.)
Other news from the week, I enjoyed getting to celebrate Baby Birt who should be arriving very shortly! Christy's friends put on a very cute shower.
I'm predicting that she'll be here in less than 18 days. I'm feeling pretty good about my March 17th prediction, even though I'm not really known for winning any of the Keeley Lotteries in the past.
Dr. Birt will approve of this gift from Aunt Beth.
The beautiful Keeley Girls, with the surprise guest of honor, Beth!
It was so special to have Beth here to visit that we gathered at Erin and Cindy's house and didn't leave for over 24 hours. We settled in and waited for the weather to hit. The weather was a little anti-climactic, but we enjoyed our time together very much! Running after the kids, playing games, and just lounging around. Ingredients for a wonderful weekend!
We got what we'd hoped for despite the lack of snow...a day off of school. But the cold did wreak havoc with our home...official diagnosis TBD. The plumber comes tomorrow afternoon. All I know is the water wasn't draining from the kitchen sink...and yet there was leakage in the basement. Not cool. We are such novices at home ownership.
Take my advice. Never look behind your oven. Ever.
And, another milestone of the week...our car hit 77,777 miles. Luckily Beth was there to record it for me.
You know how you usually notice something like this like 4 miles before it happens and you think, oh, wow, I want to see it roll over to____, but then the next time you look it's 2 miles past the milestone...no, just me? I'm the only dorky one like this out there?
What a fabulous week it was. A much anticipated week, with Beth's visit. We miss you already!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment