Sunday, October 13, 2013

Reese AnnMarie: 18 Months


Our sweet Reese just keeps growing, changing, and be-bopping along. Reese is so, so, so sweet. Hard to tell if her caring, happy-go-lucky, laid back personality is characteristic of a second child or just the difference in a girl versus a boy. But I'll take it. I'd take 10 more kids if they were all like Reese.

(Oh yes, and if they could magically stay home and watch themselves so we didn't have to pay for them to attend daycare. But that's neither here nor there.)




Reese loves to sleep, loves to eat, and really (except for the occasional bite here and there) would be easy to nominate for Toddler of the Year.

Her speech is not as clear as Cade's was when he started talking so it sometimes takes me a little while to catch on to what she's saying, but I think she says well over 50 words and has a lot more receptive language. She seems to know more than she lets on. Matt and I were counting something with Cade the other day and Reese starting filling in the blanks, "foe, fie, six." She's a quiet genius, I suppose.

She aims to please. She will do what you ask her to do with a 99.9% return rate. She's very loving and caring. Loves animals and babies.

Reese is our resident dare-devil. She's fearless, loves all slides, and will jump from anything. Future sky-diver for sure.



She's quite girly and likes to play in the jewelry and makeup and pretends that anything that can fit over her arm is a purse. We've started an after-school tradition of walking out to the mailbox together to get the mail. I love, love, love watching her waddle down the sidewalk and saunter up to the mailbox. I find myself wanting to freeze that moment every time.

Reese is not overly dramatic or defiant, most of the time redirection is all that's needed. Cade has figured that out and works out some key "trades" with her whenever it's beneficial to him.


She's our tiny little peanut, just recently breaking 20 pounds (3rd percentile), but, according to the doctor, is only 5 inches shorter than Cade at 32 inches (70th percentile). However, all of her pants are quite long on her so I'm thinking that could be some sort of measurement error. Both of our children are short and tiny. Whether they eat a lot or a little!


Oh yes, and she has the best smile, ever. She's talking more and changing every day. Losing that baby look and becoming a little girl. Our sweet Reese. Stay that way forever.

No comments: