Thursday, September 26, 2013

Oh, September

I can't say that I really mind that September has flown by, but I thought I better reassure you that the daily grind has not killed me or anything.

As school has started back up (which is like over a month ago now, can I really still consider this my adjustment phase?!) I've had to decide what gets cut out. So far blogging and watering my plants did not make the cut. Oh and deep cleaning. Ain't nobody got time for that. I feel it's "gold-star worthy" just to keep up with the laundry, dishes, meals, and a somewhat tidy home. Can I get an amen?

Actually our day to day schedules are running pretty smoothly. I'm using my menu board and doing plenty of freezer cooking and meal prep on the weekends to help out during the week. Things are actually going so smoothly that I hate to acknowledge it. Because, you know, in "Mom World" the minute you think "I've got this" something major falls through the cracks or disastrous occurs. It's like a law of nature. So let's just keep this between us.

I've taken significantly fewer pics, apparently I only document life in the summers.

Attempting to capture the moment before church one Sunday.

This is not how I originally thought this would turn out, but what activity with your children does turn out as planned?!

Reese has discovered that she loves to shove food down her shirt or just take her shirt off altogether during meals. It's fine.

This was one of the my favorite moments lately. I have such wonderful friends willing to move "Fun with J & D" to my place and even let Cade help out. Cade's so lucky to get a private cooking lesson with his future FACS teacher, Mrs. Gibson!

Hope everyone is doing well and not letting the "daily grind" get them down!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I absolutely agree that deep cleaning can be put on the back burner during our back-to-school adjustment phase.

I love the pumpkins! The kids did so good. :)

Thanks for such a fun night!