Summer. Over, done, gone, in the books.
It's alright to shed a few tears. It really is.
Because with each summer that comes and goes--it doesn't get easier. It gets harder. The summers get better, the kids get older and we have more fun as we interact and get out and do things. My heart hurts a little knowing that I won't be here when they wake up. (My heart hurts thinking about how early I will have to get up, actually!!) I'm sure I'll be missing funny things they say, and I won't be here to answer the questions they ask.
But it's alright. There's no absolute right or wrong way to be a mom. We all just do the best we can whether we work in or out of the home. I'm lucky I get to spend time doing both. I'm thankful for a job I truly enjoy. I'm thankful for the wonderful memories we made this summer.
It's time to put on my big-girl pants and head back to school. But just know that it's alright to cry about it too.
Enough about that...here are the last few outings of the summer.
Paradise Park with cousins Lukas & Lawson. Definitely something we'll hit up again next summer!
There was a little "cooking" part where the kids decorated cookies and I thanked my lucky stars I teach middle school kids and not toddlers!
Ah, the pool. Took advantage of the sunny days!
Enjoyed time with Aunt Gentry and had a really fun time with Aunt Beth this week too!
Another trip to the zoo...superhero day spiced it up a bit!
Oh yes, and I felt these next few deserved a quick mention.
We've started using a "stoplight" system with Cade. It's really gone well. I think it's helping give him a visual for the choices he's making. He REALLY desires to be on green...so that helps. Red = no TV. Which is pretty much the end of the world to Cade.
I think this was actually on my birthday. I spent the afternoon of my birthday dealing with a clogged drain and wet basement carpet. I'm a real idiot when it comes to stuff like this. Had no clue what to do. Luckily, I plunged the drain, the standing water went down, I pulled back the carpet, soaked up the water I could see and put fans on it for awhile. Doesn't this picture look like I know what I'm doing?!
Does anyone else do this? I have so many pics on my phone of the kids sleeping. They just look so cute and innocent. And quiet. Also, sometimes Cade gets caught red-handed defying us by falling asleep in the hall.
Next summer will be the best yet, and will be here before I know it, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
He falls asleep in the hallway? Hilarious! You did way more with that wet basement than I would have. I rely on Chris much more than I should.
Post a Comment