...Or maybe not.
You may remember a few months back when I was oh-so-excited about a Groupon I purchased for Cade to take 1/2 price Parent/Tot gymnastics lessons. Now that's the thing about me and Groupon...they put a time limit on the deal so you must "act now" and that usually gets me into trouble. I can't say that I've ever purchased a Groupon without experiencing at least the teensiest bit of buyer's remorse. You know? It's like once you have time to think it through you're like, wait a minute, I don't need this...
But to gymnastics lesson we went. For TWELVE WEEKS. Which in toddler-world equates to FOREVER. KGDC is a very well-run gym and we enjoyed our (1/2 price) experience with them. Cade just wasn't "into it" enough to warrant going forward with lessons once our TWELVE WEEKS were up.
It was a 30-minute class which was pushing it for Cade's attention span. His favorite parts were free time on the trampoline and watching from the balcony to see the big kids doing their gymnastics, or "looking at the girls," as he called it. The class was set up into rotating stations that worked on various coordination and "pre-gymnastics skills." Cade was probably the oldest boy in the class and it did not always tickle his fancy to wait for the fat, slow kids in front of us to make their way through the rotations. No idea where he gets this impatience from. Hardy, har, har.
It took some poking, prodding, begging, and bribing to keep him on his best behavior through the rotations usually. And he NEVER talked about gymnastics throughout the week or acted excited to go. Their classes were well-planned and age appropriate (minus the waiting in lines at times) but just not Cade's cup of tea, which is totally fine. I think Matt breathed a sigh of relief.
It's not time for the tunnel rotation...but guess where Cade is...
Yep...the teacher prying Cade from said tunnel.
"Looking at the girls" from the balcony. Seemed like 100s of kids doing gymnastics down on the main floor. I was entertained watching them as well!
Waiting our turn...
Reesie was always so patient at gymnastics. Most lessons she was strapped to me in the carrier, herself being contorted around as we kept up with Cade.
So mark "gymnast" off of the list for Cade. There's still hope for Reesie though...assuming another impulse-buy from Groupon comes along!
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment