Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Juicy Dilemma

It really is a vicious cycle once you start giving your kid juice. Cade would drink it all day everyday if I'd let him and he never wants to drink water or milk now. We go through it quickly around here even though I dilute it 1/4 juice 3/4 water (I'm betting Matt doesn't dilute it that much--dads are pushovers you know).
We held out for a long time before giving him any juice at all, and while I know we are more than likely not going to necessarily be battling childhood obesity (have you seen my tiny kid?) I do find myself wishing i'd never given him juice still.

So my question is, what kind of juice do you give your kids? I know I want 100% juice so it can actually count as a serving of fruit and something that's not overly sugary. But I feel like the juice market can be tricky.

Take V8 Splash for instance. I purchased this with a coupon awhile back and pulled it from the pantry the other day. Main ingredients: water and high fructose corn syrup. Also it contains red dye 40 and is only 10% juice. Really? This stuff is awful! Not necessarily the taste but the ingredients. Not to mention that it makes Cade's poop a crazy bright orange. TMI...I know. I just was expecting it to be better for you than that. V8...you are a diet myth.

So there you have it. I'm in a juicy conundrum right now and V8 Splash actually sucks. Help me out here. You've got knowledge to share. I just know it.

And here...for what you really came to the blog to see. These cuties.

3 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

That pink tutu was too too much! See what I did there? Wow.

Anyway, we drink Juicy Juice in my kid free but crazy hippy home. It's 100% juice. Chris dilutes his about 50/50.

Sam said...

I can completely understand where you are coming from...I finally decided to only buy 100% orange juice and he usually only gets it at breakfast. I know that I am going to have that kid who drinks all of the other kids' juice when he goes to school because his mom is such a stickler, ha!

Anna said...

Time to buy a juicer, Mama Jana!