Sorry friends. No time to blog lately. Lots going on around here and I'm spending every free moment with
I've always been a fan of the underdog. Never buying into the magic of the Apple products. The PC is fine with me. Until I started using some Apple products. I'm sorry PC, but Apple wins. My new iPhone 4S is amazing. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, as nearly every person on the planet already has an iPhone. So forgive me for being a little slow to catch on. I guess that's what happens when you root for the underdog.
I'm loving all that this phone can do. Heck it's revolutionary to me just to have internet access let alone all the great apps. I haven't touched our home computer, or my camera for that matter, all week! I am very glad I have the 4s...even though I could care less about Siri. Really she has done me no good. So far she has just been a glorified web-search. But the microphone feature itself is amazing. I haven't had to learn the new keyboard because I've been talking every text message, email and now this blog entry. Neat, huh? I was nervous about making the switch to a new phone in general. I hate change. But it's so user friendly it hasn't been a tough transition at all. Everything just makes sense. It really contrasts with how difficult PCs make everything.
Now I'll give you advice, like I'm some expert after being an iPhone user for two weeks now. I've only dabbled in the free apps and so far my most-used apps are:
The YouVersion Bible App: many Bible versions available, has daily reading plans, a verse of the day, reminder features, highlight/bookmark capabilities. Very cool.
iBaby Log App: Wish I would've had this when the kids were newborns. Takes the place of my ghetto clipboard charting. This app easily tracks EVERYTHING you would need to with a baby. It times feedings, records diaper changes, doctor visit notes, fever, medication, developmental milestones, sleep patterns, pumping info, and anything else you could possibly need!
Buy Me A Pie Grocery Store List App: easily logs and categorizes items on your grocery list. Makes shopping so easy because once you put the item in the cart you just swipe it and it disappears off of your list. It can put items in order of your store and will save your lists so you can reuse.
Hobby Lobby App: tells me the sales at Hobby Lobby. Very important, you know.
Diptic Collage App: Makes cool collages of pics.
Facebook/Pinterest: Loving browsing these more easily...usually when I'm nursing.
And, of course, the camera on the phone is much better quality and takes pics much faster than my camera.
Collage from the Hot Air Balloon Fest (AKA the poorest planned event EVER)
Cade and Matt reading (still working on the focus of the camera)
Drooly Sweet Reese
Illegally showing you some of the super cheap family pics we had taken. Not bad. We are a challenging group these days!
Cade on his new "bike" that he is too short for and refuses to ride but loves to sit on it in the driveway and ring the bell.
I'm still exploring the wonderful world of the iPhone so feel free to send me any of your tips, tricks, and favorite apps!
Don't have an iPhone 4S? Get one. Now. Go.





4 comments:
I love iheartradio and of course some words with friends. Also GeoQpons is good for local coupons for eating establishments and shopping.
What--you talked your blog entry? I'm jealous! I have an old iPhone so no Siri. :( Download Instagram. It's an amazing (FREE) photo app. Also Key Ring (allows you to put all those annoying scan cards like at Hen House on your phone), Front Flip (scan at restaurants for free stuff), Flashlight (very useful). Those are some of my faves in addition to Facebook and Pinterest, of course! :)
I knew you would have good ones Sarah! I'm getting all of those now!
Welcome to the world of Apple! I love my iPhone! My favorite apps are google, the Weather Channel, ESPN, Nike + Running. Leah loves Animatch, Monkey Lunchbox, Peekaboo Barn, and Elmo Calls. Thanks for sharing your favorite apps, I didn't know about the Hobby Lobby one, I'm getting it now!
Post a Comment