Special delivery! For Cade's birthday Matt and I's parents all went in together to get he (and Reese...someday she'll use it) a wooden play set.
He was excited about it even when it was still all in pieces!
Many, many pieces.
Hard to believe this will end up as a treehouse...
This did not come in the box...
You may remember when we moved to this house three years ago...that a wooden swing set did live here...until we sold it...because we weren't going to need one for quite some time. Rrright.
So Matt and his parents dedicated their Memorial Day weekend to putting it together. They made a great team.
Here's what we had at the end of day one after 9 1/2 hours.
They put in about 4 more hours on day 2.
Ta da! The finished product. In record time, really.
Even though it's technically not in a tree, Cade still refers to it as the "treehouse." And if you ask me, it's the coolest "treehouse" ever.
And it melts my heart when I get invited to play in it with this little guy. I take every opportunity to do just that as I know I will probably someday be banned from the treehouse rather than invited in with him.
I do try to remind him that it's "Cade and Reese's treehouse" just so it's not a shock to him someday that he will have to share it with her. Unless Grandma and Grandpa decide to build Reesie her own?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment