Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I just realized this is only my second post in November...and now November is over. I promise to be less of a slacker blogger in December. I'll set a lofty goal of at least 5 posts in December. Goal-setting always helps me...but no promises...except for my earlier sentence where I promised. Whoops.

Anyway, Cade and I traveled around the world for Thanksgiving. He was a pretty great travel buddy (for the most part) and we really enjoyed seeing all of our extended family. Cade was able to brush up on every one's names and we've been reviewing pictures often to keep it fresh in his mind. He just has so many aunts to keep track of! I really did a terrible job of taking pics...so here are a few random shots of about 1/4 of our journey.

He loved watching Lion King (his favorite movie ever) in 3D on Grandmama and Papa's fancy new TV.

Aunt Pam hosted the Thanksgiving dinner at her house in Tulsa and went above and beyond with cute turkeys at each place-setting. She loves Pinterest!


Aunt Gentry entertaining Cade...or vice versa

Cade's Papa carves the turkey while my Papa looks on

Cade says he hates holidays that revolve around food...because he couldn't give a hoot about eating. My next child better come with a bigger appetite!

Papa, Cousin Zach, and Aunt Kizzie (AKA Pi Phi Barbie--eye roll to the Pi Phi sticker on the lap top)

Cade has deep conversation with Cousin Nathan

Christmas scarves from Grandmama in your college colors! We've got 2 Sooners, 2 Cowboys (girls), and 2 Wildcats! PS-I refused to make that stupid WC sign with my hand for the wildcat...that is dumb.

Grandmama insists she's lost weight in her hands from all the knitting.

My mom sporting her turkey pin. I have no shame in sporting holiday pins, even as a hip, young 28-year-old, thanks to my mom. She's given me a pin for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and even though it may be a little matronly I love wearing them because of her. I allow cheesiness and minor questionable fashion judgment-calls in the name of family sentiment.

My cousin Nathan did all the dishes...he's ready to be a husband I'd say! He and Brooke are getting married June 16th!

And finally...we ate PINK cupcakes in honor of our little girl--and future cheerleader--look at that flexibility!! Pink and bows?! Yes, please!

Hope you had a great holiday...and a great November at that!

7 comments:

Kaci said...

A girl! Ahhhh! Congrats!!

Sarah said...

Yay for a little girl! I bet you will have so much fun with her. :)

Anonymous said...

We haven't spoken to some time, but I enjoyed reading about your holiday with your family. Congrats on your baby girl. Our little girl is 16mo and is a huge blessing to our family. Ps. She wears PINK EVERYTHING! I can't help myself! Enjoy the Christmas holiday.

Alison Gerth

Trophy Wife said...

I have so many comments! Forgive me if I left this comment twice cause I screwed it up!

1. Printerest is dumb. I'm sure your aunt is not.
2. The WC is cool. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days. They did it when we were there, just not as much. GET ON BOARD WITH THIS!
3. I wanted to beat OSU just so I could trash talk OSU Barbie on facebook. Isn't that terrible? What's become of me when I want to harrass a sweet 19 year old about football?
4. Super excited to meet your cheerleader and happy it's a girl, even though you aren't supposed to say that.
5. I thought your mom's pin was super cute.

Jody said...

Congrats on the baby girl! I was a little nervous about having a girl, but they're so much fun!

Lauren Grier said...

OMG!! How exciting! Yay for girls!

Sam said...

I am so excited for you!!! A girl!! Yay!!