See, it's not just a mental list. It must be written out. Items must be crossed out as they are completed. If something gets done that wasn't originally on the list, it is then added to the list and crossed out. C'mon, I know everyone does that.
Big things on the list:
#1 Paint the kitchen table and barstools black. This is the third summer for that to be on the list. It was moved to the top of the list this year to denote its urgency.
#2 Restain the deck. There's some discussion about this item. Matt wants to completely rebuild the deck so it's all one level instead of two so there's more usable space. I'm on board with the fact that it would be better that way. However, I think it's completely unrealistic to think we can pull that off. Can we please just try to get the stinkin' kitchen table painted?!
#3 Install the drop-ceiling in the basement. I haven't asked too many questions about this...Matt put it on the list. I'm just hoping he's planning to hire an expert for this...but I feel like that's probably just wishful thinking.
Not-so-big things on the list:
#4 Hang the outdoor lights on the deck that I got for my birthday (two years ago). I'm hoping if I get these lights hung that will put a kink in the whole rebuilding the deck plan?
#5 Send back swimsuit. I ordered a suit online which is a terrible idea, I know. Especially since their racing suit sizing is weird. I guessed my size. I guessed wrong. Doesn't this suit look tiny? Yep, apparently the strange sizing was children's sizing. Whoops!
#6 Install Cade's big carseat. That's right folks, we've finally hit 20 pounds! Now there's all this talk about keeping kids rear-facing until age 2...so I don't know if I should consider this one fully marked off the list or not?
Many of the other items on the list include setting up playdates, taking advantage of parks and rec stuff with Cade, and just in general to hang out with some of my favorite people...like Gibbystyle and Trophy Wife for example!
Playdate with Jessica and Reegan at Great Mall play place, check!
Wish us luck with our list...I'll keep you posted as to when (and IF) we get any of this accomplished!
4 comments:
Ah the list. :) I do add things to the list that weren't originally on the list and my list last summer should have also said 'adjust to having a baby' - as we got nothing done! I'm hoping this list goes a little better for us!
He's just now 20 pounds? Oh my gosh, my kid is a giant. I knew it!
I loved this post even before I reached the picture of me!
I'm SO excited for you to come over and see our new black table... because I have some serious tips for you. Tip #1: Make sure Matt plans on doing the chairs at the same time as the table or he'll realize how bad this sucks and decide to leave the chairs as they are. Then you'll look trashy like me.
I think Matt has already made contact with his expert for the porch and basement ceiling. I hope to get up there soon to help on those projects. It will be fun to see how they come out with Matt working with the guy who taught him all he knows about being a handy man!! Can't wait to get Cade on board with learning about tools and a few shortcuts. See you soon. Grandpa Mike
Post a Comment