Thursday, June 30, 2011

Don't Do It June

June. Don't do it. Do not end. Why have you rushed in and out of our lives so quickly? Please just stick around a little while longer.

Wait a minute. I just remembered that July is actually my favorite month. It's my birthday month, it's pool weather, and there's no school. Okay, June. You can wrap it up and move on...but please tell July to creep by slowly.




List update...I've got nothin'. We've just been taking it easy this week.


My parents brought Grandma Sauder for a quick visit



An aerial view of Cade "working the room."

We've been hitting up the pool early and often. However, Cade is still less-than loving it. 

"I like coming to the pool as long as no one makes me get in the water."



"Not feeling it today, Dad."


Working on our band...RockBand that is



Clearly, I'm taking this too serious.



Cade rocks like no one else



Look out, Kenny Chesney.


And of course, nights with these two are always eventful! I can't believe I'm the first to blog about it. I'm NEVER first! Jamie was a lovely hostess, as always.







Action-shot of the TW



"Oh no, she didn't."

The night was filled with pleasant conversation and no shortage of fashion advice, blog-talk, and the Britney concert report. (Keeping with the topic of blog-talk...remind me to seek more help on Blogger In Draft. What is up with all the spaces between pics?!  Apparently you CAN NOT teach an old dog new tricks). 


Keep the beet, yo.

Jamie (and Drew?) made a lovely vegan meal of sweet potato fries, beet burgers, and peach pie. Wow, impressive! Of course, you'll want to see her for the specifics. I just snapped the pic and gobbled it up. I host next week...oh no. I'm still polishing my "8th grade level" cooking skills.
Catch ya' later...in July.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt he might be able to hit more notes in Rock Band if he GETS OFF THE COUCH

Trophy Wife said...

I like whoever made that last comment about Matt!

I loved this post. Your kid is cute. Loved how you tagged the picture of the beet burger. Such a fun night. i was waiting for jamie to post so I could steal pictures!

Jamie said...

I hope Cade makes an appearance on Vegan Tuesday at the Keeley's! I miss that kid.

Also, Drew takes absolutely no credit for the beet burgers. He does not want them associated with him. :)