Friday, May 13, 2011

Cade is One



I feel like I've been very timely in my posts of our monthly photo shoots throughout the year...except for this last one. So far the month of May has been a blur of events and activities. I find myself thinking, oh that's not until May, wait a minute, May is half over! Don't worry, we took the pics on the 5th, just like always. We never forget! I've just been dragging my feet on posting. I'm in denial that it's already been a year.

That was then. Our first day home as a family of three! I used to LOVE this picture. Now I feel like we just look so tired.

And this is now!

This tree and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate that it blocks our front door and always needs trimmed but it's so pretty and smells so good, for about 10 days out of the year. That window of time where I love the tree happens to fall over Cade's birthday so I hope we'll be able to get a pic with it in bloom every year!

Look how far we've come. What a fabulous journey.











And, of course, at least 10 shots of the birthday boy. What a little ham!











I'm definitely not saying that the last year has been all smiles and rainbows--it has been quite the learning curve--but I look back on it and just cherish those memories. What an amazing privilege that God has given me to be a mom and to navigate life's travels with Matt and Cade!

4 comments:

Grandmama said...

love the pictures. You can just see the personality change with each month. Keep the pictures coming.

Jamie said...

Love that guy. Love you guys. I can't believe its been a year.

mindy said...

I know it hurts to hear this but... he doesn't look like a baby anymore. He's a little boy now! Bless his little heart. I miss him (and you!) soooo much!

Gina's Blog said...

Awww what a cutie he is!!! LOVE his little boat shoes in his one yr. photo shoot...to cute :)