
Meet Sandra Lee. Sandra has quite the bio. And although I find her "semi-annoying" (see picture above...) I was willing to give her newest show "Sandra's Money Saving Meals" a chance. In theory, she's great. Easy, inexpensive recipes and she even gives "Round 2 Recipes" for some of the left-over ingredients. She's known for mixing store-bought items with some staple fresh ingredients for more convenient and realistic cooking. Again, great in theory.
I was excited to use recipes from her "Slow Cooker" episode because I feel like I need to utilize the slow cooker more. I don't really ever make a crock pot of soup or chili unless it's for a specific event. I always hear people rave about using their crock pot so I really thought this was my chance. Long story short...or shorter...the Banana Chocolate Crumbles were not worth the time and the Braised Beef Tacos were not very good at all. After cooking the meat for an hour more than she recommended it STILL did not "shred easily" like Sandra promised. In fact, I had to whoop out my electric knife to "carve" it up! I was flying along with my mini-chainsaw quite haphazardly when Matt gave me the ironic, "Slow down or you'll cut your finger off" warning.
You know where this is going.
Yep. I'm missing a hunk of my left middle finger. And somehow, I definitely blame you, Sandra.

No, not my actual finger. But my make-shift cast from a paper towel and athletic tape does look similar.
So I'm sorry to be a Negative Nancy...but I think I'm finished with Money-Saving Sandra.
6 comments:
Oh no! I hope that you can function at school tomorrow. Or maybe you need to take a sick day to recover?!
Of all the things I hate about her, I think its the table-scapes that annoy me the most. Really Sandra? Maybe you wouldn't have to do a money-saving show if you weren't buying a different set of dishes and doilies for every meal.
So, no stitches I take it?
I hope your okay! I have a TON of different crock pot recipes that are delicious and you don't need a knife to cut them:)
"I find her 'semi-annoying', (see picture above)..." HILARIOUS!
Oh and Jamie, the "tablescapes", what a horrible, terrible, made up word.
Sandra Lee reminds me of the crazy girl from The Wedding Crashers.
You know..."I'llll find you."
At least she has cockatil time because you would have to be pretty sauced to sit as though tablescapes.
I emailed Christy a ton of crockpot recipes... have her send them to you. She's right, they don't involve electric knives :)
Post a Comment