
Cade and I are in limbo whether we want to be runners again or not. We're testing the waters since I'm toying with the idea of training for another half marathon this fall.
I have realized that I love, love, love our jogging stroller. Cade seems to love it too. He's super-content whenever we go out in it. I've been trying to stay pretty close to home since a melt-down could occur at any moment. But so far, so good. Therefore I get a little braver each time venturing out a little farther and for a little longer.
Pros of the stroller:
-The front wheel locks for running but unlocks for easier turning in day to day use
-It rides really smooth and seems to just glide in front of me making me never, ever want to use a stroller with those tiny plastic wheels
-You can pretty much bring anything you want with you on a run when you take a stroller (I keep bringing my phone and camera...but I should probably pack more useful things like water and a spitty rag!)
-This allows for quality time with Cade. We've had some good talks. He always compliments me on my running outfits and is very encouraging. :)
-I feel very cool jogging with it.
Cons of the stroller:
-Must slow the pace way down for curb hopping
-Messes with my form to have to keep an arm on the stroller
-Safety strap on wrist is annoying
-Pretty much just having to push something while running
Hmm, let's think about cons of training in general.
-It is hot. Very hot.
-Will be pressed for time once school starts again anyway even without spending time running
-It hurts.
Pros:
-Will help me fit into dress pants for school (This one is QUITE motivating!)
-Will have a healthier heart?!
-Gives me a sense of accomplishment
-It hurts!
We'll see about this...
5 comments:
I think you should do it! And I really love that Cade has already come to appreciate your sense of style when running. I bet you two are so cute out there together.
Do you want to go running sometime? I have a jogging stroller, but haven't used it yet...defenitely need to since my pre-pregnancy clothes still do not fit. Call me!!!
So excited about December! I might just make it a facebook status:)
I'm really intrigued by the fact that you love your jogging stroller! I haven't found one I like! What kind do you have?
It'a a Baby Trend Expedition. Not bad for just over $100!
Post a Comment