Monday, June 28, 2010

Tell me why...

my grocery list is constant. How can I have to create a new list and add 3 items to it while unpacking my groceries from my last trip? Please tell me this happens to other people too!?! I must become more efficient.
I prefer to do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...check that...I prefer to shop at Dillon's but since there are none in the KC area, now I shop at Wal-Mart. Dillons was all I knew coming from Great Bend, America. They have double coupon days, they send you coupons in the mail for items that you like, they have Kroger brand of everything...it's a great place. Now I'm a Wal-Mart girl. I feel a little WT somehow admitting it, but it's true. I know it's much more hip and trendy to be a Target person, and I love getting some things at Target. But not for the weekly grocery shopping trips. There's a brand new Price Chopper just up the street, but no thank you. I think Price Choppers are a rip off. Cost compare with Wal-Mart and you'd be amazed. They act like they have great sales but it is all a facade. I have to grocery shop for the foods labs at school (sometimes I feel like I grocery shop for a living) and it must be done at Price Chopper because that's where our school account is. I feel bad wasting the school's money like that when I know I can get things cheaper elsewhere.
Wal-Mart it is. Haven't you seen the recent "Rollback" commercials with Darrell? C'mon, you can't tell me he's not convincing. :) The catch is, not just any Wal-Mart, only the newest Wal-Marts.
None that look like this for me.

Only ones that look similar to this.

In Olathe there's a sketchy Wal-Mart at 135th and Black Bob or there's the beautiful newer Wal-Mart on K7. Guess which one I live closer to. Now guess which one I go to. Yep. So it's a little out of the way...yet totally worth it. Nice shopping experience, and super cheap. I'm super cheap...check that...thrifty at heart. I was driving in Overland Park (near Stanley) the other day and saw a NEWER Wal-Mart...and I kinda got excited. I'll have to check it out soon. I can't decide if I should be worried that this is what my life is reduced to...or if I should be more worried that I totally don't care that this is what my life is reduced to?

4 comments:

Jody said...

I love Dillons too!! Too bad Price Chopper bought them all out, one more reason to hate Price Chopper. Have you ever tried Hy-Vee? I only do Price Chopper for their produce, I'm not big on Wal-Mart produce.

Jamie said...

I love you. This post made me smile :)

I was just telling someone today that I am physically incapable of buying something at Hen House if I know I can get it so much cheaper at Wal Mart!!! Even my Wal Mart sucks though... there are no good grocery stores in my area.

Unknown said...

We used to live just next to that "NEW" Wal-Mart. We loved it. But PS We are Price Chopper people...most of the time. Our big trips are Wal Mart but for the quick trip - Price Chopper. Don't judge me. That's where you dinner came from on Sunday. Do you feel cheated? :)

Gina's Blog said...

Love this post! I love Wally too!!! I just wish there was a non-ghetto one near me...I feel like I'm in heaven when I go to the one in Stanley :) BTW..Cade is sooo cute!!!