Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Capturing the "Firsts"

Several "firsts" going on around here...first bath...first doctor's appointment...first outing. And as the first grandchild on both sides of the family, there have been a lot of people witnessing these firsts! Grandmama and Papa Great (my mom's parents) and my mom have been here the past few days helping us with odds and ends and making us lots of good food! We are so thankful that they came to visit.

Cade is looking him over...

PaPa tackled assembling the swing

Success! Cade LOVES it!

Matt and Papa finished painting the last wall in our house that needed it. Now that the basement construction is completely done and the furniture is moved in we can go ahead and paint the landing. (Basement update pics soon...come on, like I was going to post those rather than pics of my new baby?!)

First bath! He had no idea what was coming...

Actually wasn't too bad. I don't think he could tell that I had no idea what I was doing!

I tried to work quickly...

Shampooing is always the worst part!

All clean!

First doctor's appointment--Dr. says everything looks great!

Getting loaded up to go!

First evening outting was to go up to the gym at MNU for open gym to meet dad's team and friends...slept through it all.

I'm so glad Cade's G-Mom (my mom) has been here. I'm already dreading when she has to leave. Who wants to come stay with us next?

6 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Me, me, me! I don't know anything about babies but we'd have fun. :)

Grandma Jan said...

Grandpa Mike and Grandma Jan really appreciate the updates. Give Cade hugs from us - What a wonderful looking family - God has truly blessed us!

Unknown said...

I'm right down the street...literally! I don't know too much about babies either, but I can try to cook and clean up, if you need it! Plus, I always have chocolate... Which is a must!

Unknown said...

He's so cute! What weekend will you be home so we can all come meet him?

vballer24 said...

Jana I am so glad you post pics and stories. I am so sad I have not met Cade yet. Soon enough hopefully. You look great!!

mindy said...

Nothing is better than a clean baby. I always used a little extra of the Baby Magic before taking the kids to church too because it's a well documented fact that babies that smell good get more lovins. ;)