Thursday, June 25, 2009

House Hunt Finished!!

We bought a house!

Nice multi-level deck and yes, a hot tub!

Coming Soon: 86 the kid's toys and insert a festive little fire pit and seating area here.

Yep, the yard is stinkin' huge. I'm quite nervous about how we will adjust to being home owners...we've never had a yard...and now we have a pasture!


Here's that darn kitchen. This is the house that was previously featured on the blog due to the hated woodwork. But I will deal. And we will paint!

Here I am with Realtor Bob thinking..."man I'd love this house without that nasty woodwork." I've had a hard time seeing past the seller's furniture, etc. Let's just say...we do not have the same taste...at all. So the next indoor pics will (hopefully) come in a "before and after" segment.
So anyone knowing anything about home improvement in the Olathe area can come help me paint cabinets in a couple weeks!
Also new news...we're not just buying a house, we are buying a house in Matt's beloved Olathe. The winds of change blow us East! Matt is now an assistant coach at MNU, his alma mater, and I'll be teaching middle school FACS in the DeSoto district. A summer of fun and exciting transitions! (Amidst all of my fun vacations of course!) The best part is being closer to Emily (practically a neighbor now--yea!!), DeAnna, Jamie, and many more!
P.S. I promise NY pics tomorrow! :)

12 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Yea!!! Super exciting! Lots of work to do but lots of fun to be had! I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house - that's exciting! When do you move?

Lindsay said...

Hey Jana!

Looks like you'll be close to us too! We just bought a house at 155th & Mur-Len...so not too far. We actually looked at a lot of houses in your neighborhood. We'll have to find a time to get together since we'll be so close! :)

Jamie said...

Woot! I was excited before, but now that I know you have a hot tub, you aren't going to be able to get rid of me!!!

mindy said...

Hooray for you! :) If the yard is huge...maybe you should hang on to that playground and do the firepit in another area? Those playgrounds are pricey!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it! you might want to get a riding lawn mower for your pasture in the back! (o: Can't wait to see it!

Jenny R

Just Jana said...

I hope those play units are pricey! That's why I want to sell it!!! :)

Braxmeyers said...

How exciting for you guys! You will have fun decorating--hopefully Matt is aware of the furniture he is going to be buying :)

Mandy Gramkow said...

WOW! Lots of changes for the Keeleys! How exciting! Congrats on becoming homeowners and the new jobs!

Jody said...

Welcome to Johnson County! What De Soto school are you teaching at? I taught at Riverview before I switched to Gardner. Good Luck!

joelnjen said...

oh my goodness! this is the first chance I've had to check blogs in a long time and saw your new place. beautiful Jana! so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Hey Jana, congrats on the house, I hope all else is well!

What school are you teaching at? I'm a middle school youth pastor at a church in Lenexa and most of our kids are in the De Soto district.