Monday, January 19, 2009

CrazyLove Retreat

Went on a retreat with the youth group from church this weekend. It was AWESOME! I tell you what, they sure do things up right at FBC. Very well-organized, fun, and challenging messages for the students. I shared a room with 5 of my favorite high school girls which also added to the greatness of the trip! The content of the retreat was based on the book "CrazyLove" by Francis Chan. More on that later because I've just started reading the book and it is amazing!
We left after school on Friday and traveled to one of the greatest places on Earth, the Great Wolf Lodge. I'd never been before, and while I don't want to blow it out of proportion for those of you who've never been, it was so cool!


The waterpark was much bigger than I expected and a lot more fun! The slides were NOT wussy at all, even the lazy river was a source of entertainment. I could've spent all day in the waterpark! And I practically did on Saturday.

Sunday of the retreat consisted of a trip to Snow Creek in Weston, MO. You know, the place in Missouri where you can ski on their man-made snow? Sounds sketchy, I know. But again, 2 thumbs up. It was really fun! I was plenty entertained just by spending my time on the bunny slopes and the ONE blue pass that I made it down. But hey, that leaves more for me to tackle next year? While I'm very thankful that there's no school today so I can get caught up on my sleep, it was all in all a great weekend!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I got to hear Francis Chan speak this summer and have read Crazy Love twice. I LOVE it!