Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Needs Vs. Wants

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
My "need to do's" are interfering with my "want to do's" today. Here's how I've spent my day off so far...

--Visit 1 of 4 to the dentist for my fillings: appointment was at 10:30 and I STILL can't feel the right side of my face. And it doesn't really feel like it will be wearing off soon.

--Grocery shopping: I think of grocery shopping as the biggest waste of time ever. It has to be done, but somehow I never feel I've accomplished anything after a trip to the store. You know? Come on, someone feels the same way about this, right?

--Emptying the dishwasher just to fill it again with dirty dishes that have been accumulating in the sink...and in the backseat of my car. Gross.

--Switching out summer and winter clothes. Yes, it's about time I did this, but this is something I dislike. I never have enough closet/drawer space and I always end up with a huge pile of clothes I need to just get rid of...which just creates more work.

Wow, I sound like a Negative Nancy today...where's my holiday spirit? Thus, I must create another bullet point list, even if it is a little cliche:

--I'm thankful I didn't have to go to school today and that I got to sleep in 3 hours later than normal. :)

--I'm thankful I have dental insurance.

--I'm thankful that God has blessed Matt and I with an affordable place to live...that has a dishwasher.

--I'm thankful that I have clothes to fill my closet and drawers.

--And I'm SO thankful for my friends and family...even though I have to spend Thanksgiving with the Washburn basketball team instead of you.

So I'm still working on snapping out of Negative Nancy mode...

2 comments:

mindy said...

Hey Nancy, Before you get rid of those extra clotes, check out this awesome garland you can make. I love love love it! Her whole site is awesome actually.

http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/search?q=ragamuffin+garland

Braxmeyers said...

I feel the same about the grocery store, and cooking as well. As for getting rid of old clothes, that makes me happy--room for more new stuff (that I will probably still complain about).