Monday, November 17, 2008

Hitting My Stride?

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

The last 2 weeks of school have been great...which causes me to TOTALLY over-analyze the situation as to what made the week go smoothly and what was different than other weeks. I really felt like I was prepared for each day, had good lessons, and even had fun with the students. Too often I feel like I don't get to have fun or even show my personality to the students because I'm either teaching or running around to get the next thing ready while they're working on projects/assignments. But it's been different lately, and I like that. Maybe I'm hitting my stride? Learning how to live with and handle the anxiety that is 1st year teaching? I don't know...I don't want to jinx it...so I'll just say I've moved to being 90% sure I can handle this. I'd rate today as just "okay"...but it's probably because I wore uncomfortable shoes. Never wear uncomfortable shoes on a Monday!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I don't think it matters how long you've been teaching there are just days you feel like, "wow. I really did great today- I am a good teacher." Then just as quickly there will be a day when you leave thinking, "man. I suck as a teacher." Don't overanalyze either kind of day. Just enjoy the good ones and try to forget the bad ones.