Cutting their gorgeous cake.
The entrance of the bride and groom.
Isn't this the most perfect venue ever? How unique! Maybe you can't tell, but I'm sitting at one of the tables down there while Matt graciously takes pictures for me. I have wedding reception anxiety about getting there and getting the perfect table. Aren't my friends lucky to have me? They get to stop by the quik shop and do whatever else they want to while I beat it over to the reception site to scope out the best non-reserved spot. :) A few receptions sitting with randoms in the back corner and I learned my lesson...now back to the Sam's beautiful wedding...
The walls were all like buildings in an "old world" neighborhood.
Here's the wedding party on the staircase making their entrance. They introduced them and they all walked in and pooled on the stairs and then did the toasts from there immediately. What a nice touch! The bridesmaids wore black dresses and pearls, very Audrey Hepburn-ish and carried bright green bouquets. The guys had black ties with white polka-dots and Brady wore a bright green tie.
A group of G-Phi's surround the bride.
G-PHI PRIDE IS FOREVER!
Here we are, singing our song and doing our little chant which is ALWAYS immediately followed by our anthem of sorts, Madonna's "Like A Prayer." Lots of G-Phi's at this wedding, and even a few past song leaders present so that helped us out. I'm not going to lie gals, our songs are getting a little rusty.
But it also goes to show just how strong these "bonds of sisterhood" really are. I can't help but get all sappy thinking about how fortunate I am to have had such a rich college experience because of each of these ladies. But now that the weddings are nearly over...someone's going to actually have to plan a real get-together!
G-Phi...YOU KNOW!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment