Monday, March 3, 2008

FACSie Lady

I doubted it would ever happen...but I think it's happening...or at least I'm starting to believe that with time, it could happen. What, you say? Me...becoming a FACSie lady. Sounds alot like FOXY lady but pronounced like FAXY, but standing for Family and Consumer Sciences. There were always those in my classes...those girls born FACSie. Been making their home-made bread and mending their own clothes (for fun) for years. But I wasn't one of them. Don't think so. But after a lifetime 4-H career, 5-ish years of Family and Consumer Sciences courses, being a wife for over 2 1/2 years, and 10 weeks of student teaching...I'm seeing signs of life...FACSie life.

Examples:

**Making a cake (and frosting) from scratch for the dessert at Bible study

**Insisting on eating every meal at our place rather than taking advantage of dinners out when my family comes to town so I can try out new recipes

**Discovering I not only have heard of all the ingredients, but actually have most of them on hand when browsing through my recipe books

**Exercising not to get a "hot bod" but because I want to have a healthy heart!

**Organizing breakfast brunch when in-laws come to town so I can try out new coffee cake recipe

**Testing out new recipes and baking more is actually FUN

**Last but not least, washing tons of dishes while baking and cooking at home...but not really noticing because I wash so many dishes at school!

Am I lacking in some areas? SURE! I'm desperately in need of about 2 weeks of Grandmama's Sewing School this summer...but just these brief signs of FACSie desire and know-how are reassuring to me that I can do it! I can succeed in the FACS world! :)

2 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

I guess I'm a FACSie too then cause I love all those things...except for the dishes thing, I NEVER do dishes.

mindy said...

I heard a rumor that you had updated. ;) What a foxy facsie you are! Love you.